Copyright Infringement Policy
If you believe that any of your copyrights have been violated, please notify us by (i) emailing the following information to email@example.com, with the subject line “Copyright Claim”, or (ii) contacting Verifone’s Designated Agent to Receive Notification of Claimed Infringement (“Designated Agent”) at the address listed below with the following information:
- An electronic signature of the copyright owner, or a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner, of an exclusive copyright that has allegedly been infringed;
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works on that site (for an allegation of a patent infringement, please provide a patent number);
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing upon the intellectual property. Include information regarding the location of the infringing material with sufficient detail so that Verifone is capable of finding and verifying its existence (for listings, please provide item numbers);
- Contact information about the notifier including the name of the intellectual property owner, the name and title of the person contacting Verifone on the owner’s behalf, the address, telephone number and, if available, e-mail address;
- A statement that the notifier has a good faith belief that the material is not authorized by the intellectual property or copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement made under penalty of perjury that the information provided is accurate and the notifying party is authorized to make the complaint on behalf of the intellectual property or copyright owner.
Verifone may act expeditiously to respond to a proper notice by (i) removing or disabling access to material claimed to be subject of infringing activity; and (ii) removing and discontinuing service to repeat offenders. Upon receiving such a notice, Verifone will make a good-faith attempt to contact the allegedly infringing party so that they may make a counter notification. If you believe that your material that was removed or to which access was disabled is not infringing upon a copyright, you must send a counter-notice, pursuant to 512(g)(2) and (3) of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. Please do not re-list or reactivate the Content yourself. The counter-notice must contain the following information:
- Your electronic signature;
- Identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which such material appeared before it was removed or disabled;
- A statement, under penalty of perjury, that the you have a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification of such material;
- Your name, address, telephone number, and, if available, e-mail address and a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of the Federal Court for the judicial district in which the allegedly infringing party’s address is located, or if your address is located outside the United States, for any judicial district in which Verifone is located, and that you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification under subsection (c)(1)(C) or an agent of such person.
If a counter-notice is received by the Designated Agent, Verifone may send a copy of the counter-notice to the original complaining party informing that person that Verifone may replace the removed material or cease disabling it in 10 business days. Unless the copyright or intellectual property owner files an action seeking a court order against the allegedly infringing party, the removed material may be replaced or access to it restored in 10 to 14 business days after receipt of the counter-notice, at Verifone’s discretion.
Please note that the notice requirements and other information herein represent Verifone’s attempt to comply with Applicable Law and do not constitute legal advice. Before serving a notice or counter-notice, you may wish to consult with an attorney. You understand that your notice and counter-notice must comply with the requirements described above or they may not be valid. Your notice or counter-notice will be a matter of record. You also may be liable for damages or other remedies if you misrepresent that material infringes your rights (or, that your material does not infringe the rights of another).
Please contact Verifone’s Designated Agent to submit Notifications of Claimed Infringement and Copyright Counter-Notices at the following address:
Attn: Legal Department
88 West Plumeria Drive,
San Jose, CA 95134