Information We Collect
In order to better serve you, we may require that our registered customers submit their name, phone number, email address, date of birth, login user name and/or password, mobile phone number, payment card number, geographic location based on your use of our apps and other related information.
- Merchants must also submit their bank account and related information about financial institutions where you conduct business.
- In order to identify our Merchant accounts, we may obtain information about you from third party verification services and credit bureaus.
- When you use our Service: we may record your account transactions, transaction location, and we may collect information about your computer or access device.
Additional information from or about you may also be collected in other ways, including responses to customer surveys or your communications with our customer service team. We use technology to help us collect information.
It is important for us to track how our website is used, and we (or our service providers) may place “cookies” on your computer or device. Cookies are small data files that identify you when you use our services. You have the option to decline our cookies by using your browsers settings tools, but this may interfere with your use of our website and services.
Log File Information
Log file information is automatically reported by your browser each time you access a web page. When you register with or view our site, our servers automatically record certain information that your web browser sends whenever you visit any website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, referring / exit pages and URLs, number of clicks, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information.
Protecting Personal Information
Any information that can be used to identify a person is “Personal Information”. This does not include information that has been aggregated or made anonymous. All information is securely stored on servers in the United States. Our safeguards and procedures have been implemented in a manner designed to be in accordance with US state and federal law and regulations to maintain the physical and electronic security of our software, services and your Personal Information. Our measures include firewalls, system-wide data encryption, physical and electronic access controls, and strict rules regarding the access and use of data on our system.
Using Personal Information
- Remember information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the site;
- Provide custom, personalized content and information;
- Monitor the effectiveness of our Service;
- Monitor aggregate metrics such as total number of visitors and traffic;
- Diagnose or fix technology problems reported by our users or engineers that are associated with certain IP addresses;
- Help you efficiently access your information after you sign in.
Sharing Personal information
- Service providers who provide us a range of essential operational services including fraud prevention, transaction processing, collections, direct marketing, and managed technology services. Our contracts dictate that these service providers only use your information in connection with the services they perform for us and not for their own benefit.
- Verification services and credit bureaus to underwrite your application for GoPago accounts and to comply with our legal credit reporting rights and obligations.
- Financial institutions that allow us to offer your payment processing services, and partner with us to develop new offerings for you and other GoPago members.
- Law enforcement authorities or government representatives who may require us to share information in order to comply with court order and other legal mandates, or when we believe that disclosure is necessary to report suspicious activities, prevent physical harm, financial loss, or violations of our agreements and policies.
Compromise of Personal Information
Your Choices About Your Information
You may, of course, decline to submit your Personal Information through the Service, in which case GoPago may not be able to provide certain services to you. You may update or correct your account information at any time by logging in to your account. You can review and correct the information about you that GoPago keeps on file by contacting us as described below.
GoPago does not knowingly collect or solicit Personal Information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register with our Service. If you are under 13, please do not send any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, or email address. No one under age 13 is allowed to provide any Personal Information to or on GoPago. In the event that we learn that we have collected Personal Information from a child under age 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us as described below.
Links To Other Websites
It is our policy to provide notifications, whether such notifications are required by law or are for marketing or other business related purposes, to you via email notice, written or hard copy notice, or through conspicuous posting of such notice on our website, as determined by GoPago in its sole discretion. We reserve the right to determine the form and means of providing notifications to you.
GoPago, a Verifone Company
VeriFone Systems, Inc.
Attn: Legal Department
2099 Gateway Place
Suite 600 San Jose, CA 95110-1093
Or By e-mail at: email@example.com
Effective Date: March 13, 2015